Monday, January 26, 2009

Emmett's Bedroom


Right after we received our match and found out we were getting a totally adorable little boy, I FREAKED OUT!!! I mean, what do I know about BOYS? I have 2 sweet (and sometimes not so sweet) "little" girls. And we had been expecting another little girl for 4 years. I had it all planned out...Lilly and Sophie (that was the name we picked out) would share a room. I bought not 1, but 2 matching quilts fom Pottery Barn Kids, put Lilly in the largest room with a double closet, made sure all of her clothes were kept in pristine condition so that they could become "hand-me-downs" (it also gave me an excuse to buy lots of clothes since 2 girls would be wearing them). We had the pink, flowery bath, the cutest, girly playroom...it was perfect. Sophie could move into the Sharp household with hardly a ripple in our sea of tranquility... And then here comes Emmett making a huge splash all over my plans!

Don't get me wrong I was really excited - a bit shell-shocked- but, happy. As you all can imagine (at least everyone who is aware of my OCD tendencies) I layed awake at night rethinking all my plans. I finally had a solution...I would change everything!

I spent the next two weeks running around like a crazy person and making my family crazy in the process. But I was successful! I switched Lilly and Hannah's rooms (afterall Hannah is the oldest and by right deserves the biggest room with the biggest closet), dismantled my office/guest room, set up my office in the basement, neutralized the bath, painted all three bedrooms and bath, redesigned Hannah's room (she went from a twin to a queen bed), and decorated Emmett's room in the cutest Robot theme you ever did see! WHEW!

And look how cute it turned out! Now, about the playroom...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. It looks great, Ira! And don't worry, Emmett will love playing with all of the girl toys, and it won't detract from his masculinity at all! Connor is still toting around his baby Chou Chou, and I know he's going to make a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the space theme! He'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that what do I do with a boy feeling, but it turns out I have given my daughter the greatest gift. A brother, a best friend,and someone else to love her (know matter what). I am so happy for you and Emmett is one lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!!! I want to come see it in person. I should have known that it would all be done lickety-split! If you decide to overhaul the playroom, call me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you went with the robots--so cute. The airplanes can come later, Eric.

    ReplyDelete