Thursday, March 26, 2009

Big Trip To Walmart!




Ok, what a joke! The place is called Walmart, but it DOES NOT look anything like what we are used to. I am embarrassed to admit, but I was so excited to go there this morning. We had a whole list of things to buy - including clothes for Qi Fu. We have only 2 outfits that fit and the pants he wore today kept falling off - literally- and they are a size 18-24 months! But when we got there, we soon realized that there were very few boy clothes - only one tiny rack with the same outfit in three colors. I am not kidding...that was it! So, we bought 2 of them in different colors and I hate them! But, I will keep them forever as a memento (although, he will never wear them again as soon as we go home:))


After our "big shopping trip" Jane took us to Pizza Hut for American food. It was very good!!! Qi Fu had his first pizza and spaghetti and loved it - along with every other food he has tried. I swear that boy eats and eats. Maybe he'll grow so his pants will fit:)


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Day Three With Qi Fu
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Tonight, we had our first really sad moment. After his bath, he went back into the bathroom and slipped on some water and hit his head. He started crying and I picked him up. He wanted to go to the bed, so I laid him down. Then he did not want me to comfort him. He kept crying, pointing, and saying "Mama, mama, mama, etc." Obviously, he wanted his foster mom, not me. I just sat next to him (but didn't touch) and sang to him. After a few moments he stopped wailing and pointed to his ear and said a few words in Chinese. Obviously, that is where it hurt. So, he let me rub it (for only a second!) and kiss it. Then he cried again! But it only lasted a minute or so, then he popped up and crawled off the bed and went back to playing. However, a moment later he hit his head on the TV stand and came to me rubbing it and pointing. This time he let me kiss it and rub it! BREAKTHROUGH...


To end the day, I pulled out the wikki stix and Hannah and I made him a bunch of accessories. It was funny. He would laugh, then take them off and put them in his cupboard with the rest of his stash. (We have discovered if we are missing something, that he probably has stored it in there!) The funny thing, however, was that I made a necklace and put it on him without his noticing. When he finally discovered it, he laughed hysterically and kept pointing to his neck and talking. He was surprised to find it and thought it was the funniest thing. It was so cute!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are finally united. You'll have moments of ups and downs but it sounds like it's going great. Lizzie would cry for her foster Mama too for a long time...but the fact that he quickly came to you for comfort is a great sign! He sounds like a delight! A handful too! Katie our oldest used to horde food....typical behavior! She outgrew it in about 6 months...as for being tiny...both my girls are still very tiny in the waist...and have tiny tushies! At least when you get home you can get adjustable waist pants! Enjoy your travelmates...we are about to have our 8 year travel reunion! They are like family...we all become parents at the same time! and remember, lots and lots of pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Wal-Mart story made me laugh! : ) Sounds like the Sharp gang are doing great! So happy for you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and I had to have our morning "fix" as we followed another day of the Sharp Five adventures. Most of all I think we are growing to love your high spirited son and can't wait to meet him next month. As we remember toddler Eric, he too, was quite rambunctous, but adorable. Is this a case of what goes around comes around? Ira, your writings are wonderful. Thanks for letting us share in your remarkable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. every time I check out the blog, I have to make sure I have a tissue because I usually get teary eyed! thanks for sharing all of your adventures. I can't wait to see all of you soon! He's SO cute!

    ReplyDelete