Thursday, April 2, 2009

We're Going Home!

We are now officially finished with our adoption! Yesterday we went to the US Consulate to pick up Qi Fu's passport and Visa and swear our oath. And now we are heading home after a 2 hour train ride to Hong Kong. And speaking of Hong Kong, this city is amazing. We opted to not spend a day here, but maybe someday we will make it back here to explore. But, our hotel here is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in and that includes the Hilton Time Square and the Ritz! It is very modern with lots of chrome and frosted glass - very posh...I love it!

Today is a day of mixed emotions for me. I am so happy to go home - especially to see Lilly, but it is so sad to say goodbye to people that we have become so close to in such a little bit of time. It is amazing how quickly you bond when you share such an emotional journey together. We have cried, laughed, complained, toured, and eaten with our group of families everyday for the last 2 weeks. I am thankful that we are all on the east coast so that we can have reunions and get togethers. And "yahoo" for the Internet and facebook! Makes the world a lot smaller.

Now we are on our way to the airport to begin our 19 hour journey home. It should be an adventure that we will never forget - especially considering we will have a very active little boy to try to keep in a seat! And I am not happy because there was a mix up with our seats and I have a window seat - I know a lot of people like that, but I am an aisle girl all the way. We'll see what we can negotiate...

See you all in a little while:)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! It's done! The next adventure will be getting home. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved sharing your adventure with you! Best wishes for your new lives together! (wow, that was cheezy enough to be on a wedding card) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see little Emmett!! It has been so fun reading all about your travels. I might start having to take little trinkets with me so I can give them to him. We wouldn't want him to think Americans are stingy.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, by now I'm sure you're back! I've sure enjoyed following your blog! Can't wait to meet Emmett at an FCC event! Hope you don't have too much jetlag.. if so get lots of sunshine and freshair during the day, it really does help... we had it bad on our second trip but not the first. Now the real fun starts!

    ReplyDelete