Thursday, September 13, 2012

Nesting!

We all know that pregnant women nest.  Well the same goes for expectant mothers who are adopting.

I got bit by the bug the week Emmett had his surgery.  When we returned home, we were home bound for a few days as he recovered, so I took the opportunity to work on setting up Lilly and Hazel's room.  I am very pleased with the results!

My favorite part were the quilts.  It will come as a shock to most of you to learn that I MADE THEM!!!

About 6 months ago as I began shopping around for bedding, I was disappointed to learn that there was nothing that I loved.  Everything for tween aged girls was either done in pink and black skulls, or purple and turquoise rock star.  Not my style.  So I went to Etsy - the place where designing dreams come true...for a price.  $250 a quilt to be exact.  I just could not see myself spending $500 on bedding, so I took desperate measures.  I decided I would make quilts myself.

All I can say is I am so thankful for YouTube.  I have learned that I can learn to do anything through YouTube videos.  These quilts are proof!  I LOVE THEM!!!

I hope you enjoy the room as much as I do!



I love this huge dresser - just perfect for sharing!



Empty shelves waiting for Hazel's treasures!



6 comments:

  1. How cute! I am so impressed with your quilting skills! WOW! She is going to be one happy little girl when she sees her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE the quilts. Nice work, Ira! The room looks so adorable. I'm sure Hazel is going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the room and the quilts. It is so cute! I also love that wonderful blue mirror you found in Salt Lake. It looks perfect!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ira, you did a fantastic job! The room looks great. I am sure both the girls will love sleeping in there and just hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks every one! I have to admit I think I'm the Bee's Knees for making those quilts:)

    ReplyDelete