Monday, March 9, 2009

Lilly Wisdom or "Lillyism" For Short


Here is a bit of Lilly wisdom she shared at a wedding reception on Saturday evening as she was with me in the bathroom while I changed into my dress from my grungy kitchen-help clothes:


Lilly: Where's Whitney's new daddy?


Ira: Her daddy? Oh, you mean her new husdand!


Lilly: Yeah. Where is he?


Ira: I think he's out there with Whitney somewhere. Why?


Lilly: Good. Cuz they need to kiss...kiss for real so that they can have the same germs. Then they will be a REAL family.


(Then...on the way home that same evening)


Lilly: I didn't hear Whitney and her husband kiss.


Ira: Yeah, we saw them. Remember when they first came in and when they cut the cake?


Lilly: Yeah, but I didn't HEAR them kiss.


Ira: What do you mean you didn't HEAR them?


Lilly: You know when you kiss for real and make this sound (Smooching sound from back seat). They have to do that so they can be a REAL family!


Ira: I think they did that...the music was just too loud to hear it.


Lilly: Good, cuz they have to be a REAL family now and kiss like a REAL family!


Always enlightening to hear what goes on in that little brain of hers!





2 comments:

  1. Glad to know *we* are a REAL family! I always thought we were, but wasn't sure of the definition. Thanks, Lilly!

    ReplyDelete