Thursday, February 26, 2009

We're going to CHINA!

I stayed away all day so that I wouldn't wait by the computer for the anticipated information. Upon my return, I was rewarded...


There it was in my in-box...a message from Holt confirming our travel dates and consulate appointment! But, the thing that stood out to me like a flashing red light was the "GOTCHA! Day" date (the day you actually pick up your child is fondly referred to as "Gotcha Day").


March 24th...


I will finally meet my son.


I will be the mother of two daughters and 1 son.


I will have a boy of my very own.


How do I feel right now? Pretty surreal. It's kind of like when you are 9 months pregnant and you want that baby to come so bad that it is practically all you can think about. But, then as labor begins you find yourself thinking, "I'm not ready! I can wait a little longer. Please let me wait a little longer!" It's not that you don't want your child, it's just that fear of the unknown has just tightened it's icy jaws around your heart and you realize everything is about to change. Permanently. Forever. And you are scared.


Yep, that pretty much sums it all up.


So, how do I move past it, you ask? Well, I to do my happy dance with Lilly in the kitchen and squeal with Hannah as we jump around the house clutching hands. It's amazing how expending a little pent up energy can clear the mind!


Now, where's my notebook? I've got lists to make, and tickets to buy, and paperwork to do, and clothes to pack, and doctor appointments to make, and...






5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, we're so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!! (I'm yelling this so that you can hear me from across the sreet!) I am so happy for you! What happens now with your UT Spring Break trip...?

    Finally you have your date and you can make plans! My eyes are teary as I type this....I can only imagine what you all are feeling. we love you guys and love your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- I'm so excited and emotional right along with you!! I feel like I need to do something... I'll go shopping! Be on the look out for a package from Emmetts' Aunt, Uncle and cousins! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you!!! I hope Gotcha Day comes at you with just the right speed:) Just having a date, finally, is so exciting. It's bettter than a due date, because no labor pains this round. And the headaches should all be behind you now. Have a fun snow day. Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete