Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chinese New Year

Today was one of those days that flew by in a rush.  I can barely recall its beginning or ending.  But I sure remember the middle.

I had the fun pleasure of being the craft organizer for our annual FCC (Families with Children from China) celebration of Chinese New Year.  Of course, I was super excited to come up with some ideas that would be indicative of New Year and The Year of the Rabbit.  Here's what I came up with:

1. The ever so popular Chinese lantern.  They looked amazing strung up across the tables!
This is one of the lanterns Emmett made after we took it home.

2. Shakers to be used in the Dragon parade.  Funny, enough the children were too busy being dragons that they forgot to use their shakers!  Oh well.

Can you guess which children are Lilly and Emmett?  I'll give you a hint: they are not in Chinese clothing!

3. Shrink-a-dink rabbit necklaces and zipper pulls.  This was a HUGE hit.  I literally spent 4 hours helping children (I think there were about 60 kids) trace, color, cut, punch, and string beads.  My fingers were raw when we were finished.  But they were totally fab!

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Here we are in our matching Chinese t-shirts!  What a CUTE family!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment