Sunday, September 16, 2012

Deja Vu

Ever had that feeling that you are repeating something you have done before?

Well that is what it is like being back in Nanning!

Hazel and Emmett are from the same orphanage, so our trip to China to get Hazel is very similar to the one we took to get Emmett. 

We are staying at the same hotel in Nanning: The Majestic.  As soon as we pulled up we all were hit with a wave of memories.

"Oh look!  There's the fountain that Emmett tried to swim in!"

"There's the Baby Restaurant.  Remember the first time we ate there?"

"Hey!  This is the same floor we stayed on last time.  There's the spot we had our Pizza Dinner on the last night."

"There's the famous Walmart and Pizza Hut!"

And so on, and so on!

It has been a bit surreal.  Especially since we had only 4 days to absorb the fact that we were finally going to get Hazel. 

Tomorrow morning is her Gotcha Day and I am so excited!  I know it's a bit sappy to say, but I have literally had this little girl in my heart since I was 17 years old!

I finally get to meet her after all these years!

4 comments:

  1. I know I keep saying it, but I hope you know how excited we are for you all :) I also had the "ah ha" moment in the shower on Sean's Gotcha Day! Try to get some sleep tonight...Catch a breath if you can and remember that all your friends and family are there with you in spirit! Get ready for an amazing day tom. Everything will be ok Ira, I know it! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! I am reliving every moment of your trip. I wish I could be there with you... I am so excited for you. Hopefully in the morning when we get up, there will be a picture of your newest family member. I remember our time in Nanning, and your posts have brought back wonderful memories (even though it was tough on us). Thank goodness that Eric doesn't have the boot this time around. This little girl is so lucky to have you guys- Love to all of you- Lori Happy Gottcha Day!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw one picture of Facebook this morning!! She is SO adorable. I can't wait to see more- Hope you have a good nights rest-Lori

    ReplyDelete