Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shopping WithYue Lan

Well, it looks like I messed up...again.

When we adopted Emmett all the clothes I brought were too big.

Now, it appears all the clothes I brought for Hazel are too small.

I brought size 6 clothes and she is at least an 8 - maybe bigger in somethings.  She and Lilly are very close to the same size!  What a surprise!!! 
One of two outfits I bought that fit!

So, off to Walmart and the mall we went.


 Unfortunately, the clothes at walmart were as ugly as I remembered and there was nothing in her size anyway (thank goodness). We did find one t-shirt at the mall that was the correct size, was short sleeved (everything was for the fall/ winter and it is still upper 80's here), and didn't look too ridiculous with some goofy character on it!  We are still looking...

One happy clothing find was this GREAT shirt Hannah and I found at Walmart.  It was too good to pass up so we bought not one, but two of them!  (Happy Birthday Julia!)


We also had fun spotting all the American fast food joints at the mall.  We even ate at KFC because the orphanage worker told us it was Yue Lan's favorite place to eat.  Eric was especially happy to oblige!  Of course not everything was the same as we soon discovered when Eric was grossed out that the chicken sandwich Yue Lan orderd in her kids meal had peas and carrots in it!  She seemed to like it though:)






  



7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is adorable. We all can't wait to meet her. It sounds like she was really well prepared to meet you all. I am praying that it continues to go well and the adjustment period goes well too! I am sure Lilly and Emmett are excited to meet her. Love to you all- post lots of pictures! Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! we miss having great families like you guys to hang out with. I am envious of the Holt families who do everything together! Oh, well at least we've been here once...

      Delete
  2. Love the hoodie! I'm also laughing about the veggies in the chicken sandwich and the Walmart clothes. I remember Asia so well and my sympathies go out to you. She is adorable and only days away from some cute American clothes. Keep having fun!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The hoodie is the best thing we've seen in a long time! I keep thinking of the boxes of clothes we have at home from Lilly and just sigh...

      Delete
  3. Are you all going to have friends and family come to greet u all at the airport? If so, post when, where, and he time.. By the way, didn't we talk about the size issue before u left??? :) It's all good...Keep having fun and making memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...who knew she would be so big! Heart kids and kids from Guangxi are supposed to be small...oh well where would the fun be if It all worked out, right?

      Delete
  4. That is too funny. I have no doubt that you were well prepared with a load of adorable clothes lovingly picked out by you and Hannah. Oh well. And that sweatshirt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete